Atlantic Auto Glass is your local independently owned automotive and heavy equipment provider. Don't allow your insurance company to try and tell you where to get your car fixed. Exercise your right to choose your provider. Remember, don't panic...call Atlantic!
Top Five Reasons To Buy Local.
1. Buy Local - Support Yourself: Several studies have shown that when you buy from an independent, locally owned business, rather than a nationally owned business, significantly more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses, service providers, and farms--continuing to strengthen the economic base of the community.
2. Support community groups: Non-profit organizations receive an average 250% more support from smaller business owners than they do from large businesses.
3. Keep our community unique: Where we shop, where we eat and have fun--all of it makes our community home. Our one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of this place. Our tourism businesses also benefit. When people go on vacation they generally seek out destinations that offer them the sense of being someplace, not just anyplace.
4. Reduce environmental impact: Locally owned businesses can make more local purchases requiring less transportation and generally set up shop in town or city centers as opposed to developing on the fringe. This generally means contributing less to sprawl, congestion, habitat loss and pollution.
5. Create more good jobs: Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally and in our community, provide the most jobs to residents.
I use alot of gas to run my trucks/vans. My gas bill has become a major cost of doing business. As I began to see these ads about big oil subsidies, tax breaks etc it really began to irritate me. I couldn't fathom how our elected officials could give subsidies to companies that are making so much money. This caused me to do some research and what I found really alarmed me.
Please take the time to read the article and if you find anything that repudiates any of this please let me know. This is a very large concern for all of us and it needs to be addressed. Please do not take an opinion until you do your own reading.
No, I am not talking about the ability to turn your vehicle in a direction that you choose. Steering is when you call the toll free number on your insurance card and the person on the other end makes it sound as though you will not get your vehicle properly repaired unless you use one of their "preferred" shops.
First, be advised that when it comes to auto glass, most insurance companies send their claims through an auto glass network. This provides for uniform pricing and quality control. The problem however, is that some networks also OWN the glass shops that they refer to as "preferred" providers. Often these networks will imply that the auto glass provider you are choosing does not carry the same guarantees.
Let me shed some light on how it really works. In order to bill an insurance company for glass repair it is REQUIRED that the auto glass company bill through the network. We are mandated to carry the same nationwide guarantee and high amount of liability insurance as the large multi national company. The difference to you the customer is that when you choose Atlantic Auto Glass to repair the glass in your vehicle the profit that they make stays right here in your local community. It does not go out of country, state or even county. Also, when you call us you are speaking to a local employee, not one of thousands at a call center. The technician that comes to you to replace your glass is also local. He spends his paycheck in the same places as you. He may even patron your business at times.
Please remember, you have the RIGHT to choose any auto repair facility that you want. DO NOT allow a person at a call center to choose where you shop.
Did you know that the portion of your automobile insurance known as comprehensive coverage is what pays for your glass replacement? In Florida, windshields are covered with no deductible utilizing this coverage. But, what happens when that large piece of glass in your SUV gets broken? This damage is covered also under comprehensive but your deductible usually applies. There are some insurance companies who cover all of the glass in the vehicle without applying the comprehensive deductible. You can however ask your agent to quote your policy with a $0.00 deductible. Usually this cost is minimal over the policy term and it also comes in handy for other damages. Comprehensive is what covers the damage to your car when your neighbors roof shingles fly off in a hurricane and scratch your paint.
Please bear in mind that too many claims can and usually will increase your insurance premium. These are all things that you can and should discuss with your agent. Sometimes paying a little more for better coverage can save you thousands later. Remember, insurance is the only product in life that we purchase hoping never to use. But when we need it, we want top notch coverage!
With all the rumblings these days about how much we are spending on foreign goods, we thought we should enlighten our customers about our philosphy. Atlantic Auto Glass is your LOCAL glass replacement company. We live in the communities we serve. We spend our hard earned dollars in those communities. We make every effort to purchase products manufactured right here in the USA.
Is your insurance agent referring you to a large, national chain? You should be aware that some of these companies are not based in the United States at all. Next time you call your agent ask them if they are using Atlantic Auto Glass, your local glass provider. It is in everyone's best interest to shop local. If you want to help